For those visiting a dispensary for the first time, we generally see one of two reactions: trepidation or running. Some people are nervous to enter a dispensary for the first time due to the stigma attached to this incredible plant. Other people may live in a state where cannabis prohibition still reigns and they are so excited to visit a legal marijuana dispensary.
Many people arrive at a marijuana store by typing ‘dispensary near me’ into Google maps, but when they arrive they are unsure of what to expect. Here are some items to help you prepare for your visit.
Before You Arrive:
- Bring your government issued ID to confirm you are over 21 years old
- No expired documentation! You will be turned away.
- Take a peek at the online menu. Most dispensaries have online menus and offer pre order services. You can view current Ajoya recreational offerings here.
- Bring cash or a debit card. You cannot purchase cannabis with a credit card (yet)!
- Think about your ideal cannabis experience. Being clear on your intention will help inform your sales associate.
- Some people look to cannabis for wellness.
- Others look for a recreational experience.
- The Colorado limit for recreational marijuana customers is one ounce of flower per person per day. This equates to 800 milligrams of edibles or 8 grams of concentrate products.
- Get a sense of our specials. We have daily cannabis specials as well as rotating product features!
- Please note our sales consultants and team members cannot provide medical advice for those visiting a dispensary. Click here for a list of medical providers who offer cannabis medical guidance.
When You Arrive:
- Come on in!
- The Ajoya reception team will greet you and check your ID.
- You will be added to the order queue.
- General wait times are about 5 minutes.
- There is plenty to look at in the Ajoya store. In addition to our great cannabis selection, we carry merchandise, accessories, hemp based CBD products, and more. Feel free to browse while you’re waiting. We have an ATM if you need cash. You have the ability to pay with a debit card or Aeropay also.
- When your turn arrives, you will be called to the bar. Your sales associate will check your ID a second time (this is the law in Colorado).
- Your Ajoya sales associate will walk you through the product selection process. They have heard ALL the questions, so don’t be shy if you feel uncertain about something!
Hot Tips for Visiting a Dispensary:
- Don’t focus on flower percentages when making your selection.
- There are a number of other factors that contribute to a great experience.
- Speaking of experiences, at Ajoya all of our flower is identified by experience. By having our strains segmented into Elevate, Focus, Unwind, and Settle categories, you will be able to find your desired experienced seamlessly.
- Learn more about our experience categories here.
- If you are new to edibles, we recommend starting with a micro dose. This is a per piece THC content of 5mg or less. We have a number of products which fit this bill.
- Ask as many questions as you would like. The Ajoya team is exceptionally well versed in cannabis knowledge.
- Cannabis products sold in Colorado cannot cross state lines. Please don’t ask our team for details about transporting products. They will be unable to serve you if they know you intend to travel out of state with cannabis products.
- It is against Colorado state law to smoke cannabis in public spaces. This includes parked vehicles and private porches which are visible from the street.
- If you are staying in a hotel or a rental unit, be sure you know the cannabis policy.